Friday, November 21, 2014

Dodd

Jonathan on the way back down, the lights of Keswick ahead

Dodd summit
I got a call from Jonathan in the middle of the afternoon, "Have you seen the weather? It's absolutely tipping it down, what do you suggest?"

"I suggest you wear a jacket" was my reply.

We had planned to run up to Dodd after work and then possibly on to Skiddaw.  The rain had subsided a bit when we got to the parking spot.  There is an immediate climb, for a mile.  I managed to run all the way up the climb but then I was pretty much done.  It wasn't a difficult argument to just stick to Dodd.

Jonathan ran off ahead up the path and I tried to take short cuts up the grass.

We have worked the head torches out now and know how to ensure it is on the setting which means that the battery doesn't burn out after an hour and a half.

After a couple of pictures at the top, we had a gentle run down.  I was feeling that Hoka knee and hip strain that I know from longer fell runs and Jonathan is quite happy taking it easier down hills.

By the time we had got back to the car, we had covered about four and a half miles.

Quite happy with that.







No comments:

Post a Comment