Friday, July 4, 2014

Gowbarrow with the Gang

us lot at Gowbarrow summit

I was interviewed last week for the latest episode of The British Trail Running Podcast.  The interview was about one of my favourite routes.  I talked about the run around Gowbarrow Fell.  On Saturday, I had a walk with a couple of mates and persuaded them to have a go at fell running.  We agreed to have an easy run around Gowbarrow Fell.  I asked Jonathan.  Jonathan asked Lucy and Stephen.  Lucy asked her mates, I posted on Facebook, saying everyone is welcome and it turned out we had a healthy sized group heading out for a run on Wednesday.

at the start

Dorks!

Dawn about to have a moment

Titanic moment?

Lucy leads the fast pack down from the summit



Jonathan talks the first time fell runners down
It's fair to say the run was a real success.  The people trying fell running out for the first time really enjoyed themselves.  Old hands enjoyed checking out a new route and soaring around the single track corners.  We all agreed to meet up again next week to have a go at another route.

good times.  We're heading out again soon


No comments:

Post a Comment